Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Interview with 7th grade rising star Tyrece "Little Slim" Little

I was able to take a moment and get an interview with one of the areas top 7th graders Tyrece "Little Slim" Little....  He's a kid with very little words but I was able to get a few out of him.  Here's what he had to say....

Nehemiah "Bud" Mack and Tyrece "Little Slim" Little at Hoop Group



CPBB:  Hello Tyrece, how's it going?

Tyrece:  Good!  How are you?

CPBB: Doing great, thanks for asking!  So let's talk about your transition from summertime travel basketball to HS Varsity basketball...  Is the game different or pretty much the same? 

Tyrece:  It's a lot different...  Varsity is a much faster pace!

CPBB:  I bet it is.  Did you know you had a chance to play varsity at EBCA?  If so, how did you prepare this summer?

Tyrece:  I woke up at 6am everyday in the summer to run the hills in Steelton...  right after that, I went to the downtown YMCA to train with a few friends (Casey Caruso, Tim Kater Jr., Kareem Oden, Manny Piper) and my dad and Mr. Tim Kater helped train us.  We worked hard on Shooting, Ball Control, moving without the ball and making sharp cuts.  They were teaching us how to play quick but not fast and out of control.

CPBB:  Good Stuff....  Was there anything in particular you felt you needed to work on?

Tyrece:  My court vision, my strength, shotting, ball handling so pretty much every aspect of my game.

CPBB:  What do you think helped you the most so far with the varsity game at EBCA?

Tyrece:  Playing at the varsity speed and being able to keep my head up as soon as I get the ball.  Also having the chance to play with Nehemiah Mack has helped my game.  He's one of the best 8th graders in PA and he shows me the little things on the court.

CPBB:  How have you been able to manage your time for schoolwork with such a busy basketball schedule?

Tyrece:  By doing my schoolwork in studyhall, and studying on the way to my games.

CPBB:  That's great...  What's your plans for the spring and summer?  Will you be going to any camps or playing aau ball?

Tyrece:  I'll probably be going to Hoop Group camps, Spotlight Basketball tournaments and playing in a few summer leagues...  Some in NY city also.  We always go to NY since my dad was a player in Queens.  I'll play aau wherever my dad have me playing.  He's very involved in me and my siblings with sports and school...

CPBB:  Good talking to you Tyrece, thanks for your time!

Tyrece:  Good talking to you too!

1 comment:

  1. Keep working hard Tyrece.... Good things happen for kids that work hard...

    ReplyDelete