Thursday, February 28, 2013

One on One with Steven Stoney

6'4 Wing Guard Steven Stoney of Harrisburg
As I watch many of the players in the Central PA area, one thing I notice is there's a ton of talented players around....  Some kids can shoot really well....  Some can defend really well....  Some can even motivate their team and get everyone fired up.....   Rarely do you see a kid who can display all of those qualities on a nightly basis until you watch a Harrisburg HS game and see this kid Steven Stoney......







I had a moment to catch up with the areas BEST All Around Player to chat a little about this season and his future plans....

Centralpabball:  Hello Mr. Stoney, how's everything?

Steven Stoney: Everything is Great!  Thanks for asking.


Centralpabball:  You guys are having a really good season so far...  The best season so far since 2006 - 2007....  What's the reason you guys are clicking so well?

Steven Stoney: We're all good friends and communicate well.  We know who can do what on the court...  The key is we all know how each other play....  It makes life easier on the court.....


Centralpabball:  Right now you're averaging 11.8 points, 8 rebs, 6 assist and 3.8 steals ....  what's your mindset when you hit the court?

Steven Stoney:  I really don't think much about anything other than doing what I need to do to help my team win....   Whatever I can do to give my Cougars the advantage, I'll do it!  Especially if I feel like it will lead to a win!


Centralpabball:  Early in the season, you had a few ups and downs so the coaches decided to make you the 6th man......   Was it an easy transition for you being that you're probably the most talented player in the area at this point? 

Steven Stoney:  I like coming off the bench but I can come back and start and still play the same...  I had a slow start in the beginning but I found my game and began playing the way I knew I could play....  My confidence is sky high right now so I feel great!


Centralpabball:  I've watched you grow from the time you were an 8 year old 3rd grader to the young man you've become....  You have a 2.8 GPA and already got the necessary SAT score to qualify for College....   What type of school could you see yourself at next year? 


Steven Stoney:  I haven't really thought about the schools too much...  I'm so focused on my season right now and trying to win a District and State title....  I'd like to play at the highest possible level but whatever school fits me the best, that's where I'll go....


Centralpabball:  Well, playoffs are right around the corner....  right now, Harrisburg is a favorite to get pretty far in the Districts and States....  Are there any personal goals you've set for yourself and also for your team?


Steven StoneyAll I want to do is win....  Not worried about the personal goals....  If we win, everyone will get recognized....

Centralpabball:  Steven, I would like to thank you for taking the time out to speak with us....  I wish you many blessings on the rest of your season as well as your future....  I truly think the best is yet to come!

Steven Stoney:  Thanks for taking the time to interview me and thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment