Monday, March 3, 2014

Proud Coach this weekend...

I have to say that over the years I've always tried to help put kids in positions they would never get on their own...   Sometimes I took kids out of town to NY, NJ, Philly, DC, Ohio, Iowa, etc...  Everything I do is all about the PROCESS....  Kids need to see what's the PROCESS in becoming great, what's the PROCESS in becoming better than what they currently are....


In order to get to a higher level, they had to see what higher level players looked like...  Now I had some parents put one foot in and take it back out, but that's fine, parents have to do what they think is best for their kids....  I'm just proud to see some of the kids I either am or once was close to walk away with District medals....

We had three former players (Tyrece Little, Kareem Oden and Bud Mack) from Emmanuel Baptist walk away with Gold Medals while one of them walked away with the MVP (Kareem Oden) and another will probably get the MVP for AAA (Bud Mack)....  Also Darien Perez and Tayvon Bowers of Susquehanna, both freshmen walked away with Gold.....   From Trinity Freshmen Austin Gilbertson and Timmy Edwards both walked away with Gold....  out of the 7 names I just mentioned 5 of them are freshmen who already have a Gold medal and two of them made HUGE Contributions for their Varsity teams in Tyrece Little and Austin Gilbertson....  

I just want these kids to keep working hard and know that the best is yet to come....

Coach Little

No comments:

Post a Comment